Monday, March 10, 2014

Do you want to study in the United States?

If your answer is yes, then you need a student visa. It is the best way to make your dream come true for studying in Unites States.

The student visa is categorized in two types: F and M visas. However, in both the cases, immigrant needs to meet the following criteria:

Candidate needs to get enroll in an academic training program, vocational or any other sort of language-training program.

The school in which candidate is thinking of to get enroll; it should be approved by the student and exchange visitors program, immigration & customs enforcement.

For visa approval, candidate must get enrolled as a full-time student in the institution, which he or she has chosen for education.

The applicant must be proficient in English as this visa is primarily for students who have interest in learning ESL or English.

Sufficient funds must be available, so that no hindrance occurs during the course of an individual.

A permanent residence should be there with the student. This ensures the government of U.S. that there is no chance of student to leave the studies in the mid of the way.

As discussed above student visa is divided into two categories, following is detailed discussion about those visas-

F-1 visa

As discussed above, F-1 student visa allows a student to enter the United States and study there as a full-time student. It is necessary that student must be enrolled in a course that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate. In addition to it, course should have English as a main subject of study. The institute in which one is thinking to get enrolled, it should be an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school or other academic institution for that matter. But, one must make sure that the school is authorized by the U.S. government.

M-1 Student Visa

Students who want to take up vocational or other nonacademic programs, besides a degree, diploma, or certificate, they must go for M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category

After incurring the course, if student wish to work in U.S., the he or she definitely can. However, this is only possible when one is completed with his or her studies. In other words, during the academic year, student is not permitted to work.

There are three types of off-campus employment opportunity, which one can attain after completing an academic year. Following are those three types of employment:
  • Curricular practical training (CPT)
  • Optional practical training (opt) (pre-completion or post-completion)
  • Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (stem) optional practical training extension (opt)

No comments:

Post a Comment